Saturday, March 13, 2010

Withered and worn but still laying it down

Looking up from the rocking thunder, having weathered it all
I strain against the ringing still rippling throughout my core
Surveying the damage around me, finding little to impress
Less the scars of remembrance that are better felt than seen
Still standing confidently defiant, a sentry by my side
Chiseled hand of experience upon my shoulder
Preventing me from losing myself to the erosion of anger
Pulling me back from the self absorbed abyss easily drifted into
A well endured strength that stands behind my resolve
Whispering courage into every action, driving my next steps
Purifying my motive, forging my heart's ability to storm forward
Toughening resolve overtime and leaving the metal stronger than before.

No comments: