Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Laying here

do you hear me? i tell you to go and you stand there longer
the sounds of my heart, the strafing of my days
looking for my reason, looking for hope, for home
most despise this time, this changing of skies
when the days grow cold, shorter and harsher
but I relish them, looking forward to the darkness

for some, those unlucky few waiting all winter
sunshine is the awakening, blooming of hope and frolic
longer days mean bigger dreams, their faith in later on
forever after and winters melting to spring
but those promises I no longer rely on
dancing reflections I know longer believe

its the dwindling of days, those wilting hours that flit by quickly
pushing me from sleep to sleep, pulling me through
for dreams are within the grasp of those with faith, with hope
looking to hold back the twilight, to steal another hour
but my hope has been battered, my faith shaken and dreams stolen by another
I dont find solice in the sun, nor the slowed ticking of the clock
my heart longs for sleep, escape from the days

so as my hands grow cold and winter bites my senses
it brings to me a greater peace, the safety between dusk and dawn,
a place I can call home under the warmth of a blanket,
behind my shuttered eyes and sheltered heart

No comments: